Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Homemade "Ranch" Dressing

We are big condiments fan at our house. I think we have 10 different mustards in my fridge as we speak (not kidding!). They are so fast and easy to add flavor to a lot of meals. One condiment or dressing that my kids and husband love is ranch dressing, but I have such a hard time buying or even using the bottled stuff full of 1000 ingredients. So per usual, I remade a classic into a Natalie-approved but family taste-approved dish. Behold, a diary, sugar free, preservative free ranch that is delicious.


I was inspired by a buttermilk ranch from Our Best Bites, with a few tweaks and some substitutions. It is truly delicious. 


Start with 1 cup of mayonnaise. You can use any variety you like or homemade. My favorite is "Just Mayo" because I recognize all of the ingredients and I really like it. Whisk in 2/3 cup of boxed coconut milk until smooth (almond milk works too). 

Add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar.  Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley, 1/8 teaspoon dill, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon dried chives, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, and 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard.

Whisk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving (I have used it without letting it sit and the flavor is much better if you wait).



Homemade "Ranch" Dressing

Adapted from Our Best Bites

1 cup mayonnaise 
2/3 cup boxed coconut or almond milk
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
1 1/2 dried parsley
1/8 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried chives
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 dry mustard

Combine 1 cup mayonnaise and 2/3 cup of boxed coconut or almond milk. Whisk until smooth. Add vinegar and all seasonings and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at 2 hours before serving. 

1 comment: