Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Blueberry Coconut Smoothie



I love a good green smoothie. They are fast, easy, filling, and loaded with good things. We usually have them a few times a week at our house. That is unless I am pregnant. My taste buds get completely out of whack with pregnancy and unless the smoothie taste like Jamba Juice I can not stomach them. I was really surprised with my first when this happen and it is no different the second time around. I can taste ever "bitter" undertone of the veggies and it just doesn't sit well. This recipe is my fool-proof smoothie that is completely delicious, veggie packed, and (best of all!) I can handle with my wacky taste buds. Any non-green smoothie lover will love this as well (plus it is not green...so some are less "scared"). My toddler side-kick has dubbed this "Blueberry Coconut Explosion" (has anyone else found their toddler boys gobble anything up if it has the word explosion or monster in it?).

To start add 1 banana (frozen or fresh), 2 cups of spinach or kale, and 2 heaping spoonfuls of Greek yogurt to a blender. The yogurt is totally optional, I just like the kick of probiotics and healthy fats.


Add 1 cup of frozen blueberries and 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries.  Add 1-2 teaspoons of agave nectar or honey.

Now for the flavor booster and best ingredient; add 1 cup of coconut almond milk. This gives incredible flavor and creaminess without much added calories.


Blend up and serve. Happy Sipping!

Bonus: This smoothie make great popsicles. Whenever there is a little extra I pour it into our popsicle mold and hand over a nutritious, sugar-free, preservative-free, and delicious summer treat. 


Blueberry Coconut Smoothie
Serves: 2

1 banana
2 cups of spinach or kale
2-3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
1 cup of frozen blueberries
1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
1 cup of coconut almond milk
1-2 teaspoons of agave nectar or honey

Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend and serve immediately. Pour leftover smoothie into popsicle mold for a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment