Friday, September 19, 2014

Honey Mustard Chicken



My mom would make honey mustard chicken all the time growing up and now I see why. It is tasty, easy, and everyone loves it! It is a great recipe to use everything in your pantry without lots of ingredients or steps. This is my "go to" meal when I didn't have anything planned because I always have the ingredients. I know people that don't like mustard or curry but don't let this turn you away! Trust me when I say it is very sweet, not mustardy and the curry is not heavy or overpowering.



First asses your chicken. Fresh chicken is always thicker then frozen, so if you are using fresh then give them a good pound so they are an even thickness to cook through evenly.

The chicken breast were way too big for a normal serving especially after the pounding down so I cut my in half and just used two huge pieces instead of 4.

Place chicken in oven-safe dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper

Mix together honey & mustard


Next melt the butter, ghee, or coconut oil. I like doing a mix of butter and coconut oil.

Add in the curry powder. 

Add in melted butter and stir to combine.

Pour over chicken and put it in the oven at 350 for 1 hour.




4 Chicken Breast or Chicken Thighs
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. prepared mustard
4 Tbsp. melted butter, coconut oil, or ghee
2 tsp. curry powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Place chicken in oven safe dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix together honey, mustard, melted butter, and curry powder. Pour sauce over chicken and bake for 1 hour.




 

Easy Peezy and super delicious. We love this with Creamy Zucchini Rice or mashed potatoes with lots of veggie side dishes. Make sure to spoon some more the sauce on to the chicken when you serve (it is good!!!).

1 comment: